Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jairam Naidu - my father's brother-in-law

Jairam Naidu, my father's brother-in-law, was an entirely larger than life personality. Jovial, genial, happy and excellent in living his life for the day. He never seemed to think about a tomorrow, and yet, managed a large family. Lived at Nanganallur, when I met up with him in 1978 and thereafter, and I enjoyed watching how his house grew from a thatch roof small house, to firmer designs. He had his sorrows and troubles, and I remember always that he never shared his problems with my father and my uncle, Shantaram Naidu, who loved him genuinely.

Money was hard to come by, in those days, and Jairam Naidu, treasured every effort of his. He traveled from Nanganallur through the city to Ennore Foundries, and was to be known by it. He found his second son-in-law, chronologically, the first - Chandramohan. Later, Balaji Naidu, my cousin, got Jairam Naidu's job at Ennore Foundries and has been working there ever since.

Jairam Naidu was son of Shanmughavalli and Alagiri Singhari Naidu. He had a sibling, Devaki Amma, who passed away at the young age of 18 years. Jairam Naidu married Pramila, daughter of Shyamala Ranga Bhashyam and Rambai.

Shanmughavalli and Shyamala Ranga Bhashyam were siblings, and children of Neela Meghala Shyamala Naidu and Rukmini Devi, residents of Srivilliputtur. Shanmughavalli was married to and settled in Chennai.

Jairam Naidu at Ennore Foundries, Chennai

On the day of his retirement from Ennore Foundries




No comments: